Coaching and Training
Tim Dartington is a social analyst and consultant who develops the capacity of individuals, groups and organisations to meet their potential using a systemic approach. He has a particular interest in the nature and exercise of leadership.
In teams and organisations and trained in the understanding of individual, group and organisational performance at the Tavistock Institute. In addition to consulting widely to senior managers in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, Tim has directed the ‘Leicester Conference’ on authority, leadership and organisations and undertook a series of ground-breaking action research studies on health and social welfare.
He’s currently writing about the dilemmas of working with vulnerable people in society and is an associate and visiting lecturer at Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
- Social Services
- Church of England
Tim has held positions at:
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust – associate and visiting lecturer
- Tavistock Institute – Social Scientist
- National Council of Voluntary Organisations – Head of Management Development
- PhD, Health and Social Care
- MA, Modern History, University of Oxford
- Member, OPUS (an Organisation for Promoting Understanding of Society)
- Member, ISPSO (International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organisations)
- Associate, the Tavistock Institute
- Managing Vulnerability, the underlying dynamics of systems of care. London: Karnac
- The end of the story. In: Lucy Whitman (ed) Telling Tales about Dementia, experiences of caring, pp 192-200. London and Philadelphia: Jessica Kingsley.
- Relationship and dependency in the public sphere. Soundings, 42.
- In Defence of Inefficiency. Organisational and Social Dynamics, 4, 2, pp 298-310.
- The vanishing organization: organizational containment in a networked world. (with Andrew Cooper) In Working Below The Surface, the emotional life of contemporary organizations, ed. Clare Huffington et al. Karnac.
- The Preoccupations of the Citizen – Reflections from the OPUS Listening Posts. Organisational and Social Dynamics, 1, 1, pp 94-112.
- From Altruism to Action: Primary Task and the Not-for-Profit Organisation. Human Relations, 51, 12, pp 1477-1493.
- A Life Together: The distribution of attitudes around the disabled. (With Eric Miller and Geraldine Gwynne) London: Tavistock Publications.