Coaching and Training
Alan has worked in Executive Coaching and Leadership Development since 1999. Prior to this, he held a number of senior managerial positions and has had a life-long interest in ‘people at work’ and how they succeed and achieve.
He describes his approach as ‘Coaching in Context’, enabling clients to overcome barriers and enhance potential in a systemic way i.e. at individual, team and organisational levels. Alan holds a Gold Award from the Management Consultancies Association for his coaching work.
Alan uses a range of approaches developed from learning theory, psychology, psychotherapy and personality theory. This is merged with expertise developed from his hard-won front line experience.
- Local Government
- Financial services
- Central Government
- Professional practices
- IT industry
- Higher Education
Alan has worked for:
- Tribal Group
- Right Management
- British Steel Corporation
- London Borough of Islington
- London Borough of Haringey
In roles such as:
- Director of Professional Practice
- Head of Coaching and Mentoring
- Service Director
- Research Psychologist
Relevant Training and Qualifications
- Chartered Member of the Institute for Personnel and Development
- Member of British Psychological Society – Founder member of special Group in Coaching
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Psychotherapy and Counselling
- BSc. Occupational Psychology; BPS since 1972
- Psychometric Testing level B, qualified Assessment Centres
- MBTI, Firo B, 16PF, Wave and others
- Member EMCC, European Mentoring and Coaching Council
Alan has written in National Publications on Mentoring, contributed to national standards development papers and writes features on aspects of coaching at work.